CampusGuard is a rapidly growing company, and we are seeking associates for immediate remote openings. We are also always looking ahead towards professionals who would match their skills with future openings.
Information Security Advisor - Remote
(Note: You will be automatically taken to our parent company site in order to create an account.)
CampusGuard, a Nelnet company, provides information security services for campus-based organizations including higher education institutions, healthcare providers, city, county and state government agencies and hospitality markets. As a full-service information security firm, we leverage our knowledge combined with the industry standards for compliance and information security issues to provide our customers with world class information security & compliance services.
The Security Advisor is responsible for assessing a customer business and operating environment to evaluate and assess status for information security and compliance with various rules and laws such as PCI DSS, FERPA, HIPAA/HITECH, GLBA, Red Flags, as well as provide information security consulting services utilizing various industry accepted standards including but not limited to NIST SP 800-171, SP 800-30 and ISO 27001.The Advisor will gather and analyze customer information, make site visits, perform gap analysis and make remediation recommendations where necessary. Advisors complete reports on findings, consult with customers in an ongoing basis and will perform periodic activities with customers to ensure continued compliance as well as provide sales support as needed.
Security Advisors are responsible for assessing and reporting client business and operating environments, network infrastructure and policy and procedures related to compliance and other relevant industry standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Consult both on and offsite with customers to collect, review, and analyze data related to current institutional policies, business practices and procedures, network infrastructure, IT system configurations and physical security as it all relates to multiple compliance requirements.
2. Develop work plans for relevant departments by performing gap analysis of the current environment with specific compliance requirements.
3. Review requirements with application and service providers as necessary to achieve information security and compliance objectives.
4. Make recommendations for remediation steps required to achieve information security and compliance objectives.
5. At the conclusion of the assessment, the Security Advisor will assist the customer with the preparation of all required industry-standard reporting obligations.
6. This is a remote work position. Candidate must be able to work in a home office environment with minimal supervision
7. Ability to travel required (potentially up to 50%). CampusGuard will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 reported cases by state. Currently, business travel is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Security Advisors use standardized procedures and methods to assess the security and monitor the on-going compliance of each customer:
1. Perform gap assessments through interviews and physical assessments to evaluate customer networks, infrastructure and operations as it relates to information security and compliance objectives.
2. Report on findings and assist customers in remediation activities as required.
Security Advisors assist with sales and marketing activities:
1. Participate in sales calls as an industry expert
2. Attend conferences as appropriate
3. Prepare and perform industry-related presentations and/or webcasts
4. Other sales/marketing support duties as requested
Note: Candidate must agree to prepare for and pass the PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) certification and any other certifications as directed by his or her manager.
Click the button to learn more. Note: You will be automatically taken to our parent company site in order to create an account.